Patty is a massage therapist and mother to Harlow.
1. Describe your athletic background.
I’ve always been active. In high school, I played soccer and rowed crew. As an adult, I love to do anything outside from hiking to biking, even a good kid run.
2. How and when did you become familiar with CrossFit?
In 2013, my sister asked me to come check out a CrossFit class with her, and it has been a match made in heaven ever since!
3. What is your most memorable CrossFit moment?
It was my first local CrossFit competition. I was brand new to CrossFit, but went for it anyway. I was humbled by the movements and skills I couldn’t do yet. However, I did get my first toes to bar. The CrossFit community is what blew my mind that day. People I didn’t know or that I just met cheered me on even when I was the last athlete on the floor. Looking back I also got to see how far I’ve come since that competition, with the help of great coaches, friends, and even some “strangers”.
4. What advice would you have for people interested in starting CrossFit?
Give it a try! The workouts can be modified for any fitness level and hey, you might just LOVE it!
5. What inspires you to keep training and become better every day?
My daughter is my main inspiration. I want to be a healthy strong example for her.
6. What motivates you to be a coach at RDT?
Helping members of all backgrounds and fitness levels reach their goals and have fun doing it.